Today Google released a nice post: Safe Browsing – Protecting Web Users for 5 Years and Counting. In it they provide a good summary of what they have been up to the past 5 years with their Safe Browsing program.
Here are some interesting data points:
- 600 million users are protected
- 9,500 new malicious websites are found every day
- 12 – 14 million Google Search queries show malicious warnings
- Provide warnings to about 300,000 downloads per day
- Send thousands of notifications daily to webmasters
- Sent thousands of notifications daily to Internet Service Providers (ISPs)